The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Environmental Literacy Grants program was created to support formal and informal education projects aimed at building environmental literacy among the American public. The recipients were chosen based on the proposed activity related to ongoing environmental NOAA education activities, the NOAA Education Plan, and other criteria.
· Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California: "Ocean Sciences Curriculum sequence for Grades 3-5" - $709,992
· National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium: "Ocean Interpretive Stations: A Pilot Program for Coastal America Coastal Ecosystem Learning Centers" - $379,955
· Eastern Michigan University: "Sailing Teachers Towards Ocean Literacy Using Familiar Water Resources" - $461,534
· Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance: "Earth as a System is Essential – Seasons and the Seas" - $566,467
· The Ocean Project: "Building Environmental Literacy: How the Ocean Community can Connect More Effectively With the American Public" - $375,100
Read the NOAA Press Release
NOAA 2007 Environmental Literacy Grant Recipients