Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) Members
Summary: We are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a year of service to protect Sierra natural resources and sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light? Do you want to gain valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply today to become one of the 28 Full-Term members of the 2014 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP)!
Deadline for applying is August 8th. Interviews will begin in mid-August.
Since 2007, more than 135 SNAP Members have served at 32 Sierra conservation organizations and agencies to restore over 8,034 acres of habitat, monitor over 924 ecological sites, educate over 86,000 people and recruit over 10,700 community volunteers to serve their local Sierra watersheds.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from October 21, 2013 thru Sept. 21st, 2014. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions but, will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and coordination. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit www.servingthesierra.org.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
• Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
• Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
• Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant's ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
• Standard health insurance
• Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the SNAP Member Application form which can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.servingthesierra.org/application-materials.html . Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
2. Email your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Be sure to title your email subject: "2014 SNAP Application"
Deadline to Apply: August 8, 2013!
For more information please contact:
• Mike Thornton, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director: 530-542-4546 x 312 or email@example.com.
• Or visit www.servingthesierra.org.
All submissions are confidential. People of color are encouraged to apply. The Sierra Nevada Alliance and AmeriCorps are equal opportunity employers.